Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Actually, I'll be at Natt Spil tonight. Or, "Reason #30292 why Ashley Watkins is a vegetarian."

Last time I was at Natt Spil, the proprietor of At War With Metal was patient enough to watch me eat two Brie and Braeburn pizzas. Tonight, I'll be there, listening to a set by WSUM's Ashley Watkins. She will probably be spinning some combination of dub, reggae, and .... SKA? You should show up and buy her a drink: my checking account is overdrafted, because of shit like buying two pretentious pizzas to gear up for a night AT THE CLUB.

While you should be able to subscribe to her WSUM podcast by heading to the far reaches of the WSUM.NET Cosmos, here's Ashley explaining why she's a vegetarian. I wish I could relay more of her wit beyond the decks, but she's always issuing ominous proclamations about the liberties taken by my blogging style. Join an old email dialogue in medias res, at this relatively mild (affectionate, even?) insult...


AW: hah, you little turd.

H: speaking of which, I've been mesmerized by the [image] below all week, and have had trouble coming up with a pretense to link to it.




It's quite the decadent turd.

AW: bling bling gone too far...diamonds on mah neck, diamonds on mah
grill, titanium in mah gutz/turdz.

reason #30292 why i am a vegetarian.
====

Recipe for Oysters Guggenheim Bilbao [via Megnut]

No comments: