Saturday, June 23, 2007

Crowd Participation

Emcees Without Voices' first "hip-hop" content of the month: I posted a gallery of sorts from the Library Mall half of today's Elements of Change "Hip-Hop Revival."

Two things not noted there:

  • Around 5pm, I finished working in the library and was free to catch the closing minutes. A drunk old white* guy lumbered up to me and leaned in conspiratorially: "Didn't someone tell them about the bitches and hos?" Yes sir, they were regrettably missing. Fuck you too. Hold on tight to that plastic cup from the Rathskeller and keep walking.*
  • The lady below (right arm raised) was way into the call and response stuff. PEACE LOVE AND UNITY.

*obviously, I have a conflicted relationship with gender dynamics and race vis a vis rap/hip-hop. As I mentioned earlier to the proprietor of Madison's newest hip-hop blog--written by another (presumptive) white person--this has been my go-to GET SHIT DONE track for the past few weeks.

No comments: