Thursday, June 28, 2007

Post panel note

I probably said a lot of self-absorbed and incoherent shit--and frankly forgot the thing was being taped (hence the near-slip-up on the punk house. Always swore to give Camp Randall as the address--Blues Brothers style). Blame it on the dehydration.

I'll eventually clarify what I said about yet another prospective publication--that was more wishful thinking than prediction, hopes that some of the flickers that appear across local blogs and publications like Emmie found themselves under one flaming masthead. There may've been a dash of what would've Coreweekly* become with a proper website? nostalgia thrown in there too. Also maybe I should follow up on the stuff about local rap, and post the MySpace of that Miami backpack rapper...

Three pressing items first, though.

  1. That Isthmus vs. Dane101 comment had everything to do with the Daily Page's forums+delayed posting of print articles+shit else approach a few years ago.
  2. Those drink tickets manifested themselves well after the piece was published--and it wasn't someone local. To get my objectivity on retainer, you'll have to front 7 well-lubricated meals a week at preferred local dining establishments. Jesse's question about the absence of "negative" reviews--the prospect of 5th tier payola--got glossed over, and I don't think I helped matters much.
  3. And I wasn't joking about Skip's Megan Hickey interview. It would hold up just fine in print--and in the first few minutes that might've otherwise been edited out, he shares a bit about his podcast assembly MO.

*if you think I'm on crack for that, I have a stack of links to post-Core clips by former staffers (I'm not among them) to share with you. And yes, I'm biased because I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be another local publication assigning and paying for a Clipse mixtape review and Philip Gourevitch interview (interview was good, my piece was crap... will try to find the tape to get the transcript up here) running the same week. Unless...

2 comments:

Kenneth Burns said...

Share the Core clips!

hastings said...

so... you think I'm on crack?