Thursday, August 2, 2007

Holy Moly: Talib Kweli will knock eardrums @ the Barrymore 8/27

Haven't seen posted elsewhere, but we noticed a Kweli show on the Barrymore marquee yesterday, while Golf-ing (Jewish driver: "it's my holocaust hooptie") shotgun. The venue calendar confirms. [update: also on the bill are DJ Chaps--presumably Kweli's tour DJ--and Rob Dz.]

el guante: Like, I see people on the street wearing Talib Kweli t-shirts or something and I think for a second "maybe I should give them a flier"--but then, for the most part, I'm not interested in getting the underground hip-hop audience. In my experience--and I don't want to paint with too broad of a brush stroke--but in my experience that's a very close-minded audience...

====

Sure, there's that electricifyingly self-aware track, but our favorite beat off Kweli's forthcoming (8/21) Ear Drum is right here:


rhymes turn a new page like Mark Foley--touched kids like when Larry Clark gave the part to Chloë

No comments: