Thursday, July 26, 2007

El Guante's newest press photo


I just opened the current issue of The Onion to make sure I don't go redundant with the Guante papers, and ran across the finest pronged insult I've read all week. The purple-hooded Pony Boy above is theoretically strumming his heart out at Montmartre as I type:

The buildup to Matt White's forthcoming debut album, Best Days, took the former UW-Madison student from playing in the New York subway to tour dates with John Mayer and Sheryl Crow and a spot on the Shrek The Third Soundtrack. Unfortunately, the result is a laborious, generic coffeehouse lament, produced with an excessive polish rivaled only by White's rather threatening cliff of shellacked hair.

2 comments:

Guante said...

i don't know if the whole "i have no faith in most people" comment made it into any of the billion interviews you've posted this week, but because of that fact, i just have to say, for those who may not know (or share our acute/cute senses of humor):

that's not me.

i'm more, i don't know, hip hop?

hastings said...

Hmmm... another correction. My fact checking's so shoddy.

Well, he's wearing a hoodie.

I guess pomade abuse is no longer hip-hop?

Jeff Chang totally had that hoodie/sports-jacket combo thing going--think his was one integrated garment, though. I'm actually brainstorming an article that addresses some apparel-related signifiers, dunno how that's going to turn out.